The Certainly Cars team is dedicated to serving you world-class content while respecting your privacy. It is our utmost concern to deliver an exceptional online experience that is paired with a fair and transparent set of guidelines and rules.
Definition of Who We Are
The name of our website URL is: https://www.certainlycars.com.
The Types of Information That We Collect
The personal information that we request that you provide, along with the question of why it is being requested, will be visibly and clearly stated at the moment or moments that we request your personal data.
If you choose to contact us or provide a comment on one of our articles, then it is possible that we may gain extra items of information about you, which may entail your first and last name, your phone number, your email address, the content of your comments that you posted, and/or the contents of any attachments that you may furnish, and any other information that you may elect to provide to us.
If you opt to register an account on our website, we may request that you provide your contact information, including categories such as your name, the name of your company, home address, email address, and cell number.
These types of requests are fully optional elements to access the site in its entirety and refusing to accept these requests will not prevent you from entering the website nor will it limit the content that you can access on our website.
How We Utilize Your Information
In this section, we define the different ways that we may evaluate and use the data that we collect from you, which consists of but are not limited to:
- Operate, maintain, and optimize our website
- Improve and personalize the condition and focus of our website
- Understand and assess the method and process that guests interact with our website
- Generate unique services to offer, products to offer, and/or online features to offer
- Transmit to you, via a partner network or our own channels, amendments and other significant changes to our website, as well as other relevant marketing and advertising opportunities based on your profile
- Send you email messages with updates on our website
- Fraud prevention
If a user on our website leaves a comment on our pages, we will gather the content that is written in the comment, along with the user’s Internet Protocol address as well as the user agent string of the user’s web browser to fight against spam attempts.
We make use of the services of a third party, Google Analytics, to compile data and the details of our website visitors at certainlycars.com. The reason that we use this service is to collect different pieces of data pertaining to the actions and interests of users, such as the number of users that access each of our posts. This data is always processed in an anonymous method that does not associate the identity of any specific person to the data. We will never ask, and also do not allow Google to ask, any request to expose the identities of the users to our web pages.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You have the ability to choose to disable or reject their cookies when you are asked when visiting their website or through settings on your internet browser.
Privacy Policies of Advertising Partners and Related Partners
The partner can then automatically receive your Internet Protocol address during this action. These digital tools are deployed to help gauge the effectiveness of their advertisements and/or to make their advertisements more personalized for you.
Please understand that Certainly Cars do not have any influence or control over the technologies that are chosen by our third-party partners for advertising.
The Length of Time We Maintain Your Data
If you leave a comment on our website, the comment and its metadata may be stored for an indefinite length of time. We follow this process to provide us with the opportunity to recognize and approve of any future comments that are provided rather than leaving them to be reviewed prior to approving them for posting.
For users that choose to sign up for a profile or any other type of account on our website, we will also keep your personal data as part of a personal profile in our database. All users who sign up can, at any moment, view, change, or eliminate their personal data. The only piece of information that is not changeable is the username. Our site administrators will also have the ability to view, change, or eliminate this type of data.
Additionally, data from Google Analytics will be kept for an indefinite length of time to allow us to regularly review and maintain our website analytics and to develop evaluations and trends about uses on our website.
Your Personal Information and Ways to Access
If you have made a personal account on our website, or have posted a comment, you can request the personal data that we have stored regarding you as a user, which may cover any data that you gave to us or entered. You can also command us to delete any piece of personal data that we have stored about you as well as your profile. Nevertheless, this demand does not comprise any data that we are obliged to keep for administrative purposes, legal issues, or reasons of security. If you wish to request this deletion of personal information, please contact us at: hello (at) certainlycars (dot) com.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies Policy
Certainly Cars’ website deploys ‘cookies’ to assemble pieces of digital information. These cookies work to store information, such as a visitor’s personal preferences for displaying or using our site as well as the posts that are viewed. This information is then reviewed and evaluated to optimize the visitor’s experience by modifying our layout and content based on the preferences of the user.
For a more in-depth evaluation on how cookies work, we recommend that you read more at this link, “What Are Cookies?”.
What duration are the cookies kept for?
Persistent cookies – these cookie forms will remain on a user’s device for a predefined length of time that is listed within the cookie. They then become active again each time a user visits the website.
Session cookies – these cookie forms allow a website to evaluate a user’s actions on the site during a discrete session, which begins starting when a user accesses their browser window and ends when the user closes the browser window. These variations of cookies are made for temporary use and are then deleted once the user chooses to close their browser.
Versions of Cookies Deployed
These cookie forms remember the user’s choices to optimize their personal interaction with the website, including the language displayed, size of the font, or style of the font. By using this website, you agree that we are able to implement these types of cookies onto your device.
Participation in Affiliate Programs
Certainly Cars participate in various affiliate marketing programs, which are mutual collaborations with the goal of advertising products or services that are tracked through unique identifications via hyperlinks on our pages. If you click on a hyperlink that is related to one of our active affiliate partnerships, then a cookie will be open on your browser to record any completed transaction and link back to us in order to track commission payments for Certainly Cars..
Do I Have the Capability to Reject Cookies?
Yes, you absolutely can choose to decline cookies. To enact this strategy, you can modify the options via your internet browser settings to manage and reject cookies. These settings can usually be found in the “settings” menu in your browser. We suggest that you go to AboutCookies.org to learn further details on the management of cookies and how to administer them on your specific browser.
Administration of Log Files
Certainly Cars use a common method to deploy log files. These variations of records log when a user enters a website. All hosting companies utilize this type of technology to record their analytics. The different variations of data that is compiled through log files include, but are not limited to, Internet Protocol addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), day of the year, time of the interaction, duration of the interaction, pages that were explored, pages that generated an exit, and the number of clicks among different pages on the site. These types of data are not connected to any information that can then be utilized to personally identify any specific visitor. Instead, the reason that this type of data is compiled is to help maintain our website and identify trends on website usage along with a deeper understanding of our visitor’s demographics.
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) – Statement Regarding “Do Not Sell My Personal Information”
Under the CCPA, which also covers other rights, consumers in the state of California have the right to:
- Require that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data to reveal the type along with the specific examples of personal data that the business has compiled regarding their consumers.
- Require that a business erase any personal information related to the consumer that a business has acquired while gathering personal data.
- Require that a business that potentially would sell a consumer’s personal data to not allow for the monetization of the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request pertaining to these items, Certainly Cars will be given one calendar month to provide a resolution. If you would like to make use of any of these rights, we recommend that you contact us directly.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to advise you on all of your data protection rights and confirm that you recognize and understand these rights. Every visitor on our site is granted the following rights:
- You are granted the right to access – You are able to request a copy of the personal data that is gathered in our database at any time. We hold the right to assess a small fee for this type of service.
- You are granted the right to corrections – If you suppose that any content on our web pages are not accurate, you hold the right to request that we modify the details to better capture the true nature of the topic. Additionally, you are granted the right to ask that we complete content that you may assess as incomplete or out of date.
- You are granted the right to delete data – Under certain situations, you are granted the right to request that we eliminate your personal data that is stored by us.
- You are granted the right to regulate the handling of your data – Under certain situations, you are granted the right to request that we terminate the handling of your personal information that has been shared.
- You are granted the right to oppose the processing of data – Under certain situations, you are granted the right to oppose our site’s management and processing of the personal data that has been shared.
- You are granted the right to data maneuverability – Under some predetermined situations, you are granted the right to request that we relocate the data that our site has amassed to either another location or directly to you.
- If you would like to make a request pertaining to one of these rights, Certainly Cars will have one calendar month to furnish an answer for you. If you would like to claim one of these rights, then we recommend that you contact us directly.